Accessibility and Privacy
This website strives to ensure that its design meets or exceeds the accessibility requirements outlined in Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Site Design Guidelines
We strive to meet or exceed accessibility requirements in the following areas:
- Images. This website provides equivalent text for images that convey information.
- Multimedia. This website limits the use of multimedia (i.e., presentations that include components such as text, graphics, video, animation, and sound), and, where multimedia is used, the site provides equivalent text for the presentation.
- Color. This website does not rely on color to convey information.
- Style sheets. This website does not require associated style sheets (i.e., pre-designated templates that define the layout of a web page) to be viewed.
- Image maps. This website provides equivalent text for images (e.g., navigation bars) that perform functions when selected (e.g., open a new window, navigate through the site).
- Tables. This website provides row and column headers for data tables.
- Frames. This website does not include frames (i.e., separate sections of the display area that are generated from different web pages).
- Motion. This website sites does not include motion that causes the screen to flicker outside an acceptable range (i.e., higher than 2Hz and lower than 55Hz).
- Text-only pages. A text-only equivalent web page will be provided when a compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way.
- Applets and plug-ins. This website avoids the use of applets (i.e., programs designed to be executed from within another program) and plug-ins (i.e., programs that add features to a standard browser), and, when such programs are used, the site includes links to external websites that provide such applets or plug-ins via download.
- Forms. This website allows for easy access to and completion of forms.
General browser requirements are Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or higher. For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser to the most recent version.
To view PDF files, you need Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
It is the policy of the Health Services for Children with Special Needs, inc. (HSCSN) that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body. HSCSN does not share or sell information collected for this purpose to any other parties.